2013년 6월 21일 금요일

Q10. Where did you sleep when you didn't have a place to stay ?





I do couchsurfing and warmshowers quite often.
But in small villages, people don't know what is couchsurfing.
When I don't have a place to stay,
I sleep everywhere.




1. In the forest



Sometimes sleeping outside is better than inside.
I met Brano in Bratislava by chance when I didn't have a place to stay,
He was a really nice guy,
He showed me very good place to camp in the forest.
He said that one day he watched TV show about a guy who visited Slovakia.
Nobody tried to help this guy,
Brano didn't like that,
when he saw me, he decided  to help me.




Now, I can pitch my tent with my eyes closed.
But in the beginning I didn't know how to do that.
My friends in Bratislava taught me how to pitch my tent.



The forest had the natural swimming pool.






There were many friends of Brano,
So I felt very safe, we spent very good time together.




2. Ask local people 


I don't want to sleep just on the street.
Because while I'm sleeping on the street, 
a bad guy can come to me and attack me.
Normally I ask local people if they can let me pitch my tent 
in their garden or next to the house.



It was rainy season all day all night.
So I stuck in my tent for four days.



3. In the fields




It's better if you can find a roof.
Because when you wake up in the morning, it's too hot.



4. In the desert






Under the tree is perfect.
I was bit worried about wild animals.
Fortunately nothing happened.
You need to be careful of ants.
And don't forget to have much water to drink and clean always. 






It was not in the desert,
but you can find this kind of big tent in the desert as well.
If Bedouins let you work, you can help them and stay with them.




5. In the park



In the dark, you are happy to meet people,
or you are unhappy to meet people.
It's better to have some important stuffs with you in your tent.




6. A deserted house




It looks peaceful in thee morning,
but in the night, it seems bit scary.
Be careful of ghosts.





You can also find squats.
No electricity, no water, sometimes even no toilet.
But you can go to the library later.
And of course, it's always better to be with someone than being alone.


7. Monastery



It was not my plan to sleep in the monastery.
But it was too late to go home.
I've slept in the monastery in Montenegro.
You can also try churches and mosques, I had seldom tried though.
Because basically, I don't want to disturb anyone.
Practically, I'm disturbing couchsurfers though.



8. A parking garage or storage



You need to be careful of the smell of gas.
Think about ventilation twice.



Some people want to help me,
but we need time to trust each other.
I can understand them,
they don't let me inside home,
but they allow to use their storage.




9. On the chair



Of course, it's not very comfortable,
because you can't move very much.
But if you are tired,
it doesn't really matter, you can sleep anywhere.




10. On the roof



It's very hot in summer
I prefer to sleep on the roof,
it's cooler than inside,
you can see many beautiful stars in the sky in the night. 
Of course you need to prepare something for mosquitos.






11. A caravan



My friend hosted me here in the caravan.
It's nice, but it's very hot inside in Summer.





12. On the beach



It's better to find a place where is not very crowded.
When I slept here, people used to sing and walk around me all night long.
I couldn't sleep properly.

It didn't happen here,
but one day, annoying kids came to me and threw mud into my tent.
When I went out, they were hiding somewhere.
I was not in mood to play hide-and-seek.
I tried to sleep again, but they threw mud over and over all night long.
I couldn't sleep at all, and I didn't want to fight either.
I just tired to find another place to sleep.











Sometimes, when you traveling, you always meet the same people everywhere.
when I was traveling in Croatia, I met these girls many times.
We all didn't have a place to stay.
So I decided to be their bodyguard for one night. 
Because I'm a MAN!



13. Vineyard



You can have some grapes for your breakfast or for the road.
Sorry for farmers.



14. Near the police station






15. Gas station



I used to sleep next to gas station many times.
It's safe, you can get water for cleaning.
Sometimes, you can also meet friendly guys.
I really recommend you to go to gas station when you don't have place to stay.









16. Construction sites


You need to be careful.
You may meet some bad guys or not.



17. A small shop near borders


It was rainy season in Balkans,
I spent hard time to cross the borders.
I stuck in the mountain, 
it was too dark to ride a bike,
My clothes got all wet in the rain.
I had to sleep in a small shop,
people went back home after they finished their work,
it was freezing, and I was scared a little bit,
I couldn't fall asleep at all.



On the way to Turkey from Bulgaria,
it was too much snowy.
I couldn't imagine to ride my bike,
and it was even difficult to push my bike, because it was very slippery.



It was too dark, and too much snow all day all night.
I had to sleep next to the bus station, I didn't want though.
I thought I might die, I tried to make a fire,
but it didn't work, because everything was wet.
There were no cars, no people, no villages.
I barely found a car, and it was big enough to put my bike and everything.
But he said NO! and left me in the mountain in the snow.



Unfortunately no photos with me.
If you see some photos in extreme situation with people,
I don't think the situation is really extreme.
Because if it's really extreme,
You can't even image to take your camera, take picture of yourself.
You think only about this,

Live or Die !

You can also try a bus station, fire station, school or wherever you like.

I wish you and myself, be alive anywhere always!







Anyway the conclusion is that 

There is no place like home!













댓글 2개:

  1. Hey! That's me on the first pic! : D

    -Garli

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. You look very nice. Who took this photo ? He must be a professional.

      삭제