2013년 6월 20일 목요일

Q9. Have you ever been robbed in your trip? Q9. 여행 중 도난당한 경험은?


※ 한국어 버전은 영어 아래 있습니다.


Q9. Have you ever been robbed in your trip? Tell us about the stories.
A9.


Yes, many times. Mostly small things like the air pump, belt, water bottle, camera, iPod, and so on.
One day, I got the flat tire in a small village in the night, and I didn't have a place to stay.
I don't want to ride my bike in the night, but sometimes it happens.
A suspicious guy came to me, he tried to help me, I didn't ask him though.
I was almost forced to have the air from his air compressor.
But I knew that it was not a problem about the air, I had to repair the tube first.
I let him help(?) me. He was bit aggressive, we couldn't communicate properly,
I just decided to wait for a while until he finished his help(?).

After his help, he asked me money. And I thought for what?
For the air ? For the help that I didn't expect ?
And after I left this village and the guy, I realized that the pocket of my jacket was opened. Why?
I had a small video camera in the pocket, and it was gone.
I was sure that he stole my camera.
I went back to the village, tried to find him again.
I met him, I asked him to give my camera back.
Of course, he denied.
And I said "Let's go to the police station."
He kept denying.
And I started to shout very loudly over and over. "Police! Police! Police!"
I don't think it was a good idea, because in the dark, 
if I scared him, he could also attack me or even kill me.
I don't understand myself why I was so brave(?).
Fortunately, he lost in the game, he gave me the camera back!
And he disappeared lonely into darkness.

I didn't want to meet him again, I didn't have a place to stay, 
and he could come to me again, he could revenge by anger.
So I tried to find the police station. and it was just next to me only 1 min by foot.
I couldn't see the police station while we were arguing, because it was dark.
After that I knew it was the biggest police station in that country.
(I don't want to say in which country it happened, because I like this country, I just didn't like him though)
I didn't know, but probably the robber knew the police station was next to us.
That's why he was scared, gave me back the camera.
I think I was lucky. After that, I was camping in front of the police station.
By the way, I don't know why but the camera is broken now, and I can't use it anymore.





In front of the biggest police station where I camped

And recently, I had my pocket picked again in the market. It was very crowded.
Somebody stole my iPod, but I think It was my fault, I had to be more careful.
I was suppose to keep it in my bag, not in my pocket in the crowd.
Because of this thief, I can't listen to music anymore on the road. Thank him a lot.
It happened after I got a visa in the embassy. It was not easy to get it,
and I was bit excited about it, that's why I was careless.
I got one, and I lost one. This is life.
The accident was is by a brief moment of inattention.
Please, for my readers, try to be careful always.






Q9. 여행 중 도난당한 경험은?
A9.


대개는 이것저것 자잘한 것들을 많이 잃어버렸습니다. 펌프, 허리띠, 물병, 아이팟. 
아이팟은 자잘하지 않네요 제게는. 

어느 나라(나라 이름은 기억하지만, 굳이 밝히지는 않겠습니다)의 한 작은 마을에서, 
밤중에 머물 곳이 없었습니다. 가급적 어두워지기 전에 머물 곳을 찾고 싶지만,
여행하다 보면 생각처럼 안 될 때도 있습니다. 
마침 또 펑크까지 난 것 같더군요. 공기가 아주 천천히 새고 있었습니다.
조금 수상해 보이는 친구가 제게 다가오더니, 억지로 도와주겠다고 했습니다.
제가 도와달라고 부탁한 것도 아니었는데 말이지요.
그 나라의 말을 제가 못 했고, 그 친구는 자기 컴프레셔로 막 공기를 넣어 주었습니다.
펑크가 난 것으로 보아, 공기만 넣는다고 해결될 문제가 아니라, 
펑크 난 곳을 찾아 튜브를 떼우는 것이 근본적인 해결방법이었을 것이나,
내 말을 들으려고도 않고, 그 친구가 억지로 공기를 넣길래 그냥 내비두었습니다.

그러고나서 그 친구가 제게 돈을 요구하더군요.
내가 도와달라고 한 것도 아니고, 공기 좀 넣어주고 돈을 요구하다니요, 조금 황당했습니다. 
돈을 주고 싶어도 줄 돈도 없었고요.
그리고나서 그 마을을 떠나 그 날 묵을 곳을 찾으려 했습니다.
그런데 이상한 것이 잠겨 있던 제 잠바 주머니가 열려 있는 게 아닙니까?
잠바 주머니에 있던 소형 카메라가 없어졌더군요.
아차!싶었습니다. 그 친구가 훔쳐 갔구나!
서둘러 다시 그 마을로 되돌아가, 그 친구를 찾아냈습니다.
카메라를 돌려달라고 말했지만, 당연히(?) 무슨 소리냐며 모른체 하더군요.
그렇다면 경찰서 가서 해결을 보자!고 말했지만, 계속 부인하길래,
저도 화가 좀 나서 누가 듣던 말던 "Police! Police! Police!" 소리를 고래고래 질렀습니다.
지금 생각해보면, 별로 좋은 아이디어는 아니었던 것 같습니다.
어둠 속에서 괜히 그 친구를 흥분시켰다가, 화가 난 그 친구가 저를 공격할 수도 있었을 테니까요.
어디서 그런 용기(?)가 난 것인지, 아무튼 저는 계속 소리를 질러댔고,
다행히도 기싸움에서 진 그 친구는, 순순히 카메라를 돌려주더군요.
어둠 속으로 쓸쓸히 사라지던 그 친구의 등을 왠지 잊을 수가 없습니다.

그 친구가 제 카메라를 훔치기는 했지만, 바로 제게 딱 걸려버린 그 친구의 모습이 
한편으로는 왠지 모르게 측은하게 느껴지기도 하네요.
어쨌든 저는 그 친구를 그날 밤 다시 만나고 싶지는 않았습니다.
전 여전히 묵을 곳이 없었고, 그 친구가 앙심이라도 품고 제게 다시 오면 안 되었으니까요.
우선 경찰서부터 찾아보려 했습니다. 
그런데 어두워서 잘 몰랐는데, 알고 보니 경찰서는 바로 옆에 있더군요.
그리고 그 경찰서는 그 나라에서 가장 큰 규모더라구요. 
제가 소리를 고래고래 지를 때, 저는 경찰서가 옆에 있는 줄 알고 소리 질렀던 것은 아니었는데,
경찰서가 바로 옆에 있는 줄 알고 있었을 그 친구는, 겁에 질려 카메라를 돌려주었던 것 같습니다.
운이 좋았지요 제가. 그리고 나서 전 그 큰 경찰서 앞에서 경찰들의 경호를 받으며 캠핑을 했습니다.
참고로 이유는 모르겠지만, 그 카메라가 지금은 고장이 나서, 안타깝게도 사용을 못 하고 있네요. 


경찰서 한쪽 옆에서 캠핑 



그리고 비교적 최근에, 사람이 붐비던 시장에서 소매치기를 당했습니다.
누군가 제 낡은 아이팟을 귀신같이 훔쳐갔네요. 따지고 보면 좀 더 주의하지 않았던 제 잘못이겠지요.
바지 주머니가 아니라 가방 같은 곳에 넣어두는 것이 더 안전했을 테니까요.
암튼 그 도선생님 덕분에 그 이후로 저는 더 이상 라이딩 중에는 음악을 들을 수 없게 되어,
심심한 여행을 하게 되었습니다. 
그 사건은 제가 대사관에서 비자를 어렵게 받은 후에 일어났고,
비자를 받아서 마음이 들떴던 차에, 부주의 때문에 일어났다고 봅니다.
하나를 얻고 하나를 잃었네요. 순간의 방심이 화를 부르네요.
이 글을 보시는 여러분도 부디 주의하십시오.










댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기