2013년 6월 17일 월요일

If you want to see inside [around the world by bike]





This is not something to crow about. 
Normally I don't go to museums. 
Of course, I'm interested, but there are too many museums in the world.
I can't afford to pay for all. 
And I always see wonderful things in nature for free when I ride my bike on the road.
I think you don't need to pay for priceless things.
Normally priceless things are free.
When I really want to see inside, 
sorry but I just jump over walls or try to find secret entrances. 

If fact, it's very annoying if I can't see inside because of less money. 
Wherever I go, it's my first time, possibly it will be my last time, hopefully not. 

When I was in Turkey, I visited Cappadocia.
It's huge, you need several days to see all of them.
If you have a car, of course, it's easier to move.
When I was in Cappadocia, I left my bike in Nevşehir where I stayed in order to save time, 
and I went to Derinkuyu(30km from Nevşehir) by hitchhiking to see the underground city.
I waited quite long time to hitchhike, but nobody stopped.

I expected Muslim family was conservative, I don't judge them,
but it's normal to be afraid of me(stranger) for them. But it was just my prejudice anyway. 
A Muslim family stopped their car, took me to Derinkuyu.
Unfortunately, we couldn't communicate properly, 
because they didn't speak English, I also didn't speak Turkish either. 

When I arrived in the underground city, I was bit disappointed, 
I couldn't find any secret ways to get in. 
Because it was underground, the only way to get in was digging a hole 
in the ground or pay for a ticket. 
I didn't want to come away home empty-handed.
I've got an idea that I've never tried before. 
There were so many tourists, so I thought one of them could pay for me.
But I didn't want to beg a ticket.

I think Turkish people like Asians very much. Because we are BROTHERS!
Many people came to me on their own, I didn't call them though.
I made a deal with a guy that if I sing a Korean song, if he can pay for a ticket for me.

He said YES!

I'm not a very good singer, but it didn't matter, because he doesn't know Korean,
it was not a problems for me. 
It was my first time to sing on the street in front of audiences. 
As he promised, he bought a ticket for me, and I could see inside.
It was very impressive inside.
After I looked around the underground city, 
I had to find another car which can take me home.
I tried hitchhiking again, and a car stopped.

What a surprise! 

I met exactly the same Muslim family again 
who I met on the way to the underground city, as if they waited for me.
We were very happy to meet again and surprised very much.

I had a wonderful day!






The underground city in Derinkuyu



The guy on the left bought a ticket for me.




Inside





Open Sesame (?)







UNESCO World Heritage Site



The place where I was singing



Neighbours



The Muslim family who took me to the underground city and home
















댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기